1. The earliest version of cheesecake was an ancient Greek recipe called “plakountopoiikon suggramma”. Can you say that five times fast? I can’t so I’m sticking with “cheesecake”.
2. New Yorker, William Lawrence, invented the modern American cheesecake in 1872.
3. New York Magazine Ranks Eileen’s Special Cheesecake, from Cleveland, OH, as most popular in the nation this year.
4. J. L. Kraft developed the cream cheese used in modern cheesecakes.
5. According to the Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet is America’s favorite cheesecake flavor.
- 9-inch Oreo Cookie Pie Crust
- 1 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 C White Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 C Peanuts (substitute pecans if you have a peanut sensitivity)
- 1/2 C Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Syrup
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl until peaks have formed.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add whipped cream to cheese mixture and beat until very smooth.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture into piecrust. Smooth with spatula.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate chips over cheesecake. Slice into serving pieces and put on plates. Drizzle syrup over nuts and chips.
- Serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite cheesecake flavor? Weigh in!
Featured Image Courtesy of Easy Weekly Meals