As the weather warms it’s nice to have lighter food and meals that are quick to prepare so you can spend more time in the newly expanded daylight period. If you celebrate Easter chances are good that you’ll have some hard-boiled eggs on hand.
Use them to quickly whip up this tasty, tangy egg salad for a nutritious meal:
· 6 Shelled, Hard-boiled Eggs, chopped
· 1 Celery Stalk, chopped
· 1 Scallion, chopped
· 1/2 tsp Prepared Horseradish
· 1 tsp Garlic Paste, Garlic Powder, or Garlic Juice
· 1/2 C Mayonnaise
· Blend all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
· Spread on bread and serve as sandwiches, or place in the center of an avocado, scooped cucumber, or tomato half.
If you serve your sandwiches on bread, add some fresh spinach leaves or romaine lettuce and tomatoes to make it a one-dish meal. Make the sandwiches double- or triple-decker to satisfy big appetites.
Or serve them in cucumber scoops or avocadoes to use more veggies and avoid bread.
And if you’re looking for some other ways to use your Easter leftovers, let the kids glue colored Easter eggshells onto paper to make mosaic pictures while you make some yummy soup.
Make it easy to stay on your hectic schedule this Spring!
Photos Courtesy of Easy Weekly Meals