If you’re in a hurry today and you want freshly made cookies, tubes or trays of premade dough will yield a reasonable result. Alternatively many grocery stores make delicious peanut butter cookies in their on-site bakeries. Publix and Albertsons make especially yummy ones.
If you’ve got the time and prefer to make your own cookies from scratch try this recipe. It yields 3 dozen cookies.
Peanut Butter Cookies
· 1/2 C Butter
· 1/2 C Peanut Butter
· 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
· 1/2 C Brown Sugar
· 1 Egg
· 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
· 1-1/4 C Flour
· 1 tsp Baking Soda
· 1/4 tsp Salt
· Preheat oven to 375°.
· Cream first 6 ingredients in sturdy mixing bowl.
· Sift remaining ingredients together and blend into creamed mix.
· Roll into 1” balls and place them about 1-1/2” apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
· Use a fork to make a criss-cross design on each ball, pressing down to flatten.
· Bake 12 minutes and remove from oven.
· Cook 1 minute and then remove from cookie sheet and serve.
Happy Peanut Butter Cookie Day!
Photo Courtesy of lobster20 / Free Digital Photos