Lots of people know that, but did you know that oatmeal and honey are skin smart, too? Makers of beauty products are well aware of this fact. That’s why so many beauty products contain those ingredients.
January is National Oatmeal Month. We can celebrate with a healthy breakfast of oatmeal--I like mine with nuts, honey, and blueberries--make some oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies like the ones pictured below and featured in Easy Weekly Meals for Moms on the Go, or by beautifying ourselves with oatmeal-based skin-care treatments. Spa appointments and store-bought products can be expensive though. If you’d like to try an easy and inexpensive facial mask of oatmeal and honey, you can do it with ingredients found in your cupboard or pantry.
Easy and budget-friendly things are always perfect for me, so I recommend you try this Honey and Oatmeal Facial Mask contributed by an EWM subscriber.
Soothing Face Mask
· 1/4 cup plain oatmeal (soothes dry itchy skin, natural exfoliant)
· 1/8 cup baking soda (natural exfoliant, helps with rosacea and acne)
· 2 tsp honey (helps absorb and retain moisture in skin)
· Warm water
· Grind the oatmeal to a fine powder using a coffee grinder, food processor or blender.
· Mix together oatmeal and baking sodas and add water a little bit at a time until you have paste (not too thick or too thin).
· Add the honey and mix well. Apply a thin layer of the paste to your face with a clean paint brush.
· Let it dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).
· Rinse face and moisturize well.
Enjoy this inexpensive and easy facial treatment for National Oatmeal Month.