If you made my 20-minute meal, Rosemary Chicken With Mushrooms you’ve got a head start on another quick, easy, delicious, and healthy meal. You can make it with the leftovers from that dish, and have it on the table in 20 minutes. If you missed the Rosemary Chicken recipe, go back and watch the short How-To video and whip up a double batch for dinner tonight. Then, use this yummy risotto recipe later in the week.
Quick Chicken and Mushroom Risotto (Use Leftovers from Rosemary Chicken With Mushrooms)
· Leftover Brown (or mixed-brown) Rice (About 2 C)
· Leftover Mushrooms and Sauce (About 1-1.5 C)
· 1.5 C Chicken Broth
· Leftover Chicken Cutlets, sliced into 1" x ¼" pieces (About 1-1.5 C)
· 1 C Shaved Parmesan Cheese
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· Blend the rice, mushrooms, and sauce in a mixing bowl.
· Warm a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the rice mixture to the pan.
· Stir the mixture until it warms and the liquid is absorbed.
· Add 1/2 C chicken broth and continue stirring until liquid is absorbed.
· Add chicken slices and another 1/2 C of broth and continue stirring until liquid has been absorbed.
· Season with salt and pepper to taste.
· Add final 1/2 C broth and continue stirring until liquid has been absorbed.
· Add 1/2 C cheese and stir until cheese is melted throughout, binding the mixture together, to complete the quick risotto.
· Remove risotto to serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 C cheese, and serve with crunchy green salad.
Keep your cooking quick and easy this season and enjoy the healthful benefits of nutritious meals and reduced stress.
Photo Courtesy of Easy Weekly Meals