Dinner is a time to relax. To shed the worries of the day and sit down and enjoy a meal with friends or family. Food is a critical ingredient, but food isn’t the only thing that makes for a good experience.
Think of the last time you went out to a nice restaurant. What did you see, hear, or feel? Was there music playing in the background? A comfy chair to sink into? Candles on the table? What about fancy dishes, sparkling crystal, colored napkins?
Each of those items plays a part in setting the mood that invites you to relax and enjoy. If you’re feeding a family of four, you’re probably not thinking of romance. And you don’t have to go expensive. Here are some ideas to make dinner more festive.
· Get printed paper napkins from your grocery store. You don’t have to worry about staining them and their colors will brighten the meal.
· Add flowers to the table. A bowl of fresh daisies will perk you up in no time.
· Whip out your cloth napkins and wow your family with some fancy napkin folding.
· Turn on some music. Save the rock and roll and heavy metal for another time. You want something soothing and easy on the ears.
· Light a candle, or two, or three, then turn down the lights and pretend you’re at a fancy restaurant.
Any one of these suggestions will make a difference. Keep it Easy, and have fun!