Sample Recipe (See Techniques Page to Guide Assembly)
Turkey Pinwheels (Week 5: Football Tailgate)
• 4 Burrito-sized soft Flour Tortillas
• 8 oz Cream Cheese
• 2 C Iceberg lettuce, chopped
• 12 thin slices Swiss Cheese
• 12 thin slices Sandwich Turkey
• 1 large Tomato, cut into 12 very thin slices
• Cutting Board
• Serrated Knife
• Kitchen Knife for spreading
• Stack tortillas on cutting board.
• Slice off rounded edges of tortillas to form rectangles.
• Take one tortilla at a time, and cover one side of it with ¼ of cream cheese.
• Sprinkle ¼ of the lettuce over the cream cheese, leaving ½” of cream cheese on outer edge of tortilla uncovered. This allows the cream cheese to act as an adhesive.
• Cover chopped lettuce with 3 slices of Swiss cheese.
• Cover cheese with 3 slices of turkey.
• Lay 3 thin slices of tomato horizontally on top of turkey, along bottom of tortilla.
• Roll up tortilla starting from bottom to form a tube.
• Slice through tube at 1” intervals to make turkey pinwheels. Should make 4 pinwheels.
• Repeat with remaining tortillas.
• Serve 4 pinwheels (1 whole tortilla) to each person.
See Recipe Photos for more examples of what you'll find in Easy Weekly Meals.